18 Feb Wedding Anniversary Verses to Help Celebrate Years of Marriage
We compiled a list of wedding anniversary verses in a small tribute to friends of ours who celebrated their 17th wedding anniversary: 17 Reasons Why You Can Anticipate a Wonderful Marriage. Each reason for celebration is a biblical truth, with an accompanying Scripture reference.
Are you and your spouse celebrating an anniversary soon? Why not simply replace your names in the appropriate places and use our template below to send a great tribute to your loved one!
17 Reasons Why You Can Anticipate
a Wonderful Marriage
- Friends are praying for you! (James 5:16b)
- HUSBAND is endeavoring to give honour to WIFE. (1 Peter 3:7 prayers not hindered)
- You are both declaring with your mouth what you believe in your heart. (Romans 10:10)
- WIFE is following God’s design to honour and respect HUSBAND. (Ephesians 5:22)
- HUSBAND is following God’s design to sacrificially love WIFE. (Ephesians 5:25)
- God does not consult our past to determine our future: everything is new. (2 Cor. 5:17)
- God Himself has joined you together, not to be separated. (Genesis 2:24)
- The Lord has good plans for you! (Jer. 29:11)
- These plans lead to good, and not evil. (Jer. 29:11)
- You have hope that helps you work through challenges. (Rom. 15:13)
- God has given you each other as His special gift to you. (James 1:17)
- God has designed for you to help provide key needs in each others’ lives. (1 Cor. 7:3-5; Eph. 5:33)
- Your relationship reflects Jesus and His Church; so He is personally interested in your relationship being strong and healthy. (Eph. 5:32)
- You are involved in a dynamic of acknowledging your own shortcomings: this brings healing to you and your relationship. (James 5:16a)
- By humbling yourselves, you are recipients of God’s wonderful grace that gives you the desire and power to work through challenges! (James 4:6)
- You are focusing on your own shortcomings, rather than each other’s so that you can eventually be of greater help to each other. (Matthew 7:1-5)
- Ultimately, your trust is not in yourselves, or in each other — but in Jesus, who can do all things! (2 Cor. 3:4)
Choose just a few of your favourite wedding anniversary verses from this list if you’re sending anniversary wishes to someone who is celebrating less than 17 years and use your creativity to write additional verses when a couple has been married more than 17 years.